Bio Science Expert
Offshore Bioscience Expert at Vattenfall in Business Area Wind
Join us to make Vattenfall’s vision come true to become fossil-free within one generation!
Overall purpose of the position
To provide expert advice on key environmental issues for Vattenfall offshore wind farm projects during feasibility, consenting and monitoring phases, and engage in strategic activities to help facilitate a cost-effective and timely development of wind power in balance with a rich natural environment. Focus will be on nature conservation interests related to the marine environment. You will be part of a small but dedicated team of experts, the Bioscience team, supporting Vattenfall’s offshore and Onshore wind as well as PV/solar projects and sites across North-western Europe.
The work tasks for this position will include but are not limited to the following:
•Advising Vattenfall offshore wind projectsand sites on assessment, mitigation and monitoring of key environmentalissues during feasibility, consenting/tendering, construction, operationand decommissioning phases;
• Monitoring the developing knowledgebase on environmental impacts and opportunities for offshore wind, and feedingthat into project support and the organisation more widely;
• Providing support to the VattenfallWind environmental R&D programme (BIOWINS) aimed at reducinguncertainties, costs and constraints associated with environmental impactsfor Vattenfall’s offshore wind development;
• Leading on development and delivery ofindividual R&D projects, and engaging in strategic efforts buildingand applying the knowledge base on environmental impacts and mitigation withthe wider industry, authorities, universities and stakeholders;
• Contributing to the Bioscience team inputand responsibilities in terms of the Vattenfall Wind environmental and widersustainability strategy.
What we are looking for
• As a minimum, Master degree in biology, orclosely related field, and more years of work experience
• Expert level knowledge within marine biology, specificallymarine mammals, fish or marine habitats, and preferably applied researchexperience
• Experience with environmental impact assessments,preferably for projects within the energy and/or marine sectors
• Understanding of EU legislation on natureconservation
• Experience with project management
• Solution oriented mind-set and self-driven
• Good communication skills, both verbally and inwritten form
• Fluent in written and spoken English
A challenging and meaningful job in an informal working environment. You will be working in international and interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues with ‘Ask and Share’ being central to our way of working. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Sweden (Stockholm), Denmark (Kolding), United Kingdom (Hexham or London), Germany (Hamburg) or Netherlands (Amsterdam).
We welcome your application with CV and cover letter via this page no later than April 18th.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Bioscience lead Jesper Kyed Larsen, +45 27875857. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Anneli Crispien-Jarlsheim + 46 72 585 28 76
Unionrepresentatives in Sweden: They can all be reached via Vattenfall’s switchborad: +46 (0) 8-739 50 00.)
Rolf Ohlsson – Akademikernas, Christer Gustavsson – Ledarna , Leif Karlsson – SEKO, Anders Bohlin – Unionen
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind and solar power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind and solar/PV generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Dela detta jobb