Environmental Specialist within the Environment & Sustainability Unit in Business Area Wind
Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a roadmap aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Do you want to shape the future?
We are now looking for an Environmental Specialist within the Environment & Sustainability Unit in Business Area Wind
Vattenfall Business Area Wind is developing, constructing and operating Onshore and Offshore wind projects, as well as other renewable energy technologies such as solar, battery and hydrogen facilities. As an Environmental Specialist within the Environment & Sustainability Unit in Business Area Wind you will coordinate the environmental and consenting aspects of the Swedish Onshore & Offshore wind projects during operation & maintenance phase so that sites are operated and maintained in accordance with legal, licensed and Vattenfall environmental and sustainability requirements. You support Swedish Onshore and Offshore project teams and consent managers during development and construction in respect to environmental and sustainability aspects. Other renewable technologies might be added to the work scope depending on business need and time availability. Working location will be the Vattenfall office in Stockholm with frequent travel to the Swedish construction projects and operational sites and teams meetings in other European countries.
Key areas of the work will be to:
• ensure and document environmental & sustainability compliance during operation and support during construction; fulfilling of environmental obligations contained in licenses/ permits, chemical and waste management and visiting operational and construction sites for checkups;
• give Environmental input in contracting and due diligence; including contractor evaluation and risk assessments; review of contractor documents
• follow up on contractor fulfillment of environmental requirements, review contractor documents and conduct regular alignment meetings
• take part in contractor kick off meetings and give input in site inductions, awareness sessions
• during operation follow up on fulfillment of environmental obligations, synchronizing message to all authorities and responding on questions or demands. Report to and engagement in dialogue with authorities; if required support the project team / consent manager during development & construction phase
• fulfill advisory role on ecological and sustainability aspects in project & site teams and support to achieve the BA Wind sustainability ambition;
• work together with others specialists inside and outside your own work area such as technical disciplines and environmental consultants;
• steer additional Swedish environmental specialists in case further resources are needed due to work load
• work in close cooperation with the project specific permit- and consenting specialists
• work in close cooperation with the HS specialist
• Degree in a relevant environmental/ and or ecological discipline and relevant work experience
• Understanding of SWE licencing & planning regimes; knowledge of the SWE Legislation and Guidelines related to Environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills;
• Project coordination skills
• Willingness to travel
• Pragmatic and structured
• Enthusiastic about Environment and Sustainability; A full SWE driving licence
• Fluent in Swedish and English
• Have achieved a competent standard in own area of technical environmental specialism and broadened their awareness of other environmental disciplines;
• Experience with HSE contractor management
• Ecological knowledge background on wind environmental impacts
Location for this position is Solna.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field and further develop your technical knowledge in different turbine platforms. You will be working in an international team and you can always count on support from committed colleagues, but will also cooperate extensively with our colleagues in Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Welcome to apply for this position, we are looking forward to your application!
Application may be sent in English.
For more information about the position, welcome to contact Hiring Manager Eva Philipp
+49 172 302 18 36
For further information about our process, you are welcome to contact our recruiter Anneli Jarlsheim +46 72-585 28 76
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Rolf Ohlsson – Akademikernas, Christer Gustavsson – Ledarna Leif Karlsson – SEKO, samt Anders Bohlin – Unionen
They will all be reached at switchboard: +46 (0) 8-739 50 00.
“Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.”